Saturday, January 30, 2010

Update on the diet!

Well no new pictures but Dad and I are both doing a calorie count diet lately. At Capital Steve Sosnowski who won first place in the contest Ryan won 3rd decided to do a biggest looser at Capital. So I paid my $20.00 and decided to join. See Mike the inspiration made it to Idaho. Really we owe alot of thanks to Ryan and think he got us all going. You know anyway I really think we are all in this to stay healthly and dad and I are in so that we can live a long life to see all of our great grandchildren too. Anyway so I weighed in on these really cool scales at work that tell your BMI and BMR and calories you need just to breath and then the good old how much of my weight is fat. That I didn't like seeing but anyway it was so cool I called Dad and told him to come and weigh in on this machine. Well guess what I weighed 2 ounces heavier than Dad. That was a first in the 37 years we have been married. Dad has always weighed at least 30-40lbs more than I did. Aren't men supposed to weigh more than their wives. Well anyway I felt horrible and my health really needed a wake up call. So we begin the calorie count daily. We are both trying to cut way down. I am eating 1000 a day and dad eats about a deficit of about 680 to 1220 a day We both have a pedometer and dad walks about 10,000 to 17000 steps a day and I do at least 10,000. Dad has worn one for about a year now but I started wearing the heart rate pedometer watch that I got him for his birthday. Dad really hates wearing a watch so I took it over. It is really big but it really helps. It is amazing at work sitting most of the time I did 5000 steps and burned about 500 calories just in a work day. I have sure cut out a lot of the chocolate I love to eat. I sat down one night with pretzels, cracker and some new brown rice chips and put them in snack bags according to calorie count. It is cheaper than buying the 100 calorie packs. One of my favorite things is to freeze 60 calorie count Dannon lite yogurt and eat it frozen. It is like a real treat. Well the results today since Tuesday. Dad lost 4 pounds and Marie 2 pounds. My goals is 30 pounds before March 17th when the contest ends that is about 5 pounds a week so I have a long way to go. Wish us luck. Dad is almost down to a size Meduim the larges still look the best but XL doesn't even exist for him anymore. This isn't about who wins for me it is about making sure I am healthly and here for all my family.

No comments:

Rod's classroom

Rod's classroom

More of Rod's School

More of Rod's School

Shawn in Virginia City, MT

Shawn in Virginia City, MT

Rod and Michelle Land

Rod and Michelle Land
This is where they will be living someday. This side of the bales of hay is where their home will be built.