Saturday, September 20, 2008
West Mountain FourWheeling
So last week we went to McCall Friday night to spend the night at the Stratton's cabin. The Meredith, Heads, and the Stratton played Hand/Foot card game and of course the men beat the women but the next morning the women got revenge. In fact we wouldn't go four wheeling until we played cards again. Then we set out towards West Mountain. Now of course I am the only women driver the other women ride. Well they reassured me it was an easy trail and they only enjoyed riding on regular truck roads and they enjoyed seeing the scenery. So I pictured this easy day of riding roads and going slow. Well it started out the Strattons, Merediths, me and then dad. It was so dusty at times you had to stop because you couldn't even see your fourwheeler let alone the person in front of you. Then what I pictured as an easy slow road consisted of going 50 miles an hour to even see the dust of the person in front of you. Then easy road it was not. We road over rocks, up hills and down. We went from a look out tower then over the top of mountains to the top of Tamarack ski resort. We were up at the top of the ski lift just as a wedding was about to take place. The bride rode up the ski lift to get to the wedding they had set up on top. It was a beautfful ride seeing the country but I can tell you for our first long ride of the season dad and I were beat up by the time we ended not to mention we were so dusty. When we got back to our trucks they said that is the hardest ride we have been on all year. That seems to always be the case when we go. But I have to report my new four wheeler crawled over the rocks, I had to give it gas to get it to go down hill. I love it I wished I would have had it a long time ago. It was great. As dad always says when we are done he is impressed I did it and didn't just quit. But I have to admit that is the fastest I have ever driven a four wheeler.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rod's classroom
More of Rod's School
Shawn in Virginia City, MT
Rod and Michelle Land
This is where they will be living someday. This side of the bales of hay is where their home will be built.
1 comment:
I can believe you did it, what can't you do, Mom. You are amazing. Sounds like a fun trip.
Post a Comment